Minutes Of The Joint Business Meeting Of The Assembly Of Barter
Companies Of Europe & Asia, With IRTA-Europe
(Held At The Hotel Napoleon, Paris, France, May 2, 2010)
1. It was moved by Giuseppe Littera, seconded by Dorottiya Szabo,
that the Assembly and IRTA-Europe draw up guidelines for
international trading among barter companies. Approved unanimously.
2. It was moved by Sanjay Thakrar, seconded by Atul Sharma, that an
insurance reserve be established to cover losses from credit
extension, based on a percentage of the value of each trade.
3. It was moved by Dorottiya Szabo, seconded by Max Giannopoulos,
that IRTA-Europe explore the possibility of obtaining funds from the
EEC. Approved unanimously.
4. The draft letter from IRTA and the Assembly to the European
Commission, proposed to be signed by IRTA President David Wallach
and Assembly Chairman Sirri Simsek, expressing the barter industry�s
concern that regulations dealing with financial clearinghouses may
be construed to apply to trade clearinghouses, and requesting that
trade clearinghouses be exempt from regulation of financial
clearinghouses, was approved by the Assembly (the decision was
unanimous by Assembly members in Paris; members not present in Paris
were given an advance copy of the letter and none have objected).
The joint letter now awaits action by the IRTA Global Board of
5. It was moved by Dr. Lee Oi Kum, seconded by Maximilien Urso, that
we work to constitute IRTA-Europe as a legal entity. Approved
6. It was moved by Dr. Lee Oi Kum, seconded by Nuno Ladeiras, that
members present may volunteer to constitute the founder board to
draw up the legal foundation for IRTA Europe. Approved unanimously.
7. Whereupon the following persons agreed to constitute the founder
board of IRTA Europe: Nuno Ladeiras, Dorottiya Szabo, Guiseppe
Littera, Sanjay Thakrar, Dariusz Brzozowiec, and Alina Piddubna.
Alina Piddubna agreed to serve as leader of the founder board. These
actions were decided collectively, without objection, by the 16 IRTA-Europe
members at the Conference, and are deemed approved.
8. It was moved by Sanjay Thakrar, seconded by Dorottiya Szabo, that
IRTA-Europe shall have a Treasurer. Approved with one dissenting
9. Sanjay Thakrar nominated Atul Sharma to be elected Treasurer of
IRTA Europe; the nomination was seconded by Dorottiya Szabo. No
further nominations were received, it was moved and seconded that
nominations be closed, nominations were closed without objection,
and Atul Sharma was deemed elected unanimously to be Treasurer of
The foregoing minutes are submitted for approval. If revised in a
material way, the minutes will be submitted again for approval. If
no material revisions are made, on June 8 the minutes will be
considered approved by the Conference.
PAUL E. SUPLIZIO
Member, Global Board of Directors (for Europe)
International Reciprocal Trade Association
Secretary to the Assembly