BarterNews Logo



Bob Meyer

Beyond The Limits Of Cash or Credit

Platinum Sponsors:

IMS Barter Logo

Fast Start Programs



Sponsors Menu

June 12, 2012

Written by Bob Meyer, Editor of BarterNews

We Want You To Know...When you sign up to receive the FREE weekly Tuesday Report announcement your e-mail address will never be sold, traded, or given to another party.

Please Note: We receive e-mails from people who have signed up for the Tuesday Report, and then tell us they’re not receiving our weekly announcement. In most cases this is because they’re blocking unwanted e-mails.

To ensure that our weekly Tuesday Report e-mail announcement reaches your mail box, we suggest you add to your address book or safe sender list.

If you are a frequent visitor to our site we suggest you hit the �refresh� button from time to time as we add information to our site several times a week.

From the desk of Bob Meyer... 06/12/2012

IRTA Makes Unique Convention Offer

IRTA�s upcoming 33rd annual international convention, scheduled for September 13-15, will be held at the all-inclusive Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort & Spa in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. A never before discount of 500 UC trade-dollars is being offered by IRTA for members solidifying their convention plans by August 1.

For more details on the unique offer click here 

Check Your Local TV Listings For �Barter Kings�

Airing June 12, on the A&E channel (9pm PDT), is a new show on bartering that focuses on the fascinating technique of cashless trading. One example reports on the vintage Elvis memorabilia that was parlayed into a speedboat.

Financial Vulnerability Abounds In America

According to a 2011 poll by the Retirement Confidence Survey, published by the nonpartisan Employee Benefit Research Institute, more than 50-percent of all workers or their spouses have less than $25,000 in household savings and investments.

Zillow Findings Are Staggering

About 6.2 million U.S. households � one in eight � owe at least 40% more than their homes are worth. While nearly 2.4 million households owe more than double what their homes are worth.

85 & Older, Fastest Growing Segment Of U.S. Population

Thanks to medical gains a 65-year-old man has a 60% chance of living to age 80, and a 40% chance of reaching 85. For women, the odds are 71% and 53% respectively.

Glut Of Attorneys Causes Law Schools To Apply Brakes

Nearly 45,000 (44,495 this year) law graduates enter the work force each year. However, the employment of these graduates is at an 18 year low. Consequently, of the 200 law schools accredited in the U.S., ten are planning a reduction in student enrollment. The suggestion of a new reality is beginning to sink in: The legal profession may never return to its pre-recession prosperity.

All back issues of "From the Desk...� can be accessed by clicking here.

(Please feel free to forward our newsletter to your friends and colleagues. We have a �box� at the end of the newsletter for your convenience. See you next week. . .)

Program Schedule For IRTA�s Jamaican Convention Announced

The program schedule for IRTA�s 33rd International Convention offers two full days of topical seminars and lectures covering virtually every relevant aspect of the barter and trade industry. The convention will be held at the beautiful all-inclusive Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort & Spa in Ocho Rios, from September 13 through 15, 2012.

World-renowned monetary reformist and University College of London Senior Fellow, Chris Cook, will open the International Reciprocal Trade Association�s convention as the keynote speaker and talk on �Barter 3.0 � 21st Century Credit Clearing and Beyond.�

Seminars will focus on proper trade exchange management, critical issues facing the barter industry, IRS reporting requirements, key issues for start-up exchanges, navigating the social media sphere for the barter industry and much more!

Certified Trade Broker (CTB) and Registered Trade Broker (RTB) training and testing will be offered for brokers as well.

A 500 UC trade dollar (per company) discount, from the standard 3-day package rate, is being offered by IRTA for all companies that submit their convention registration form by August 1, 2012.

For more information contact IRTA�s Executive Director, Ron Whitney, at 757-393-2292 or

Is Your Trade Exchange Missing Out On Valuable New Business?

If your barter company�s listing on isn�t current, you are definitely missing out on new business. The web site receives heavy traffic � with over 150,000 page-views every month. Entrepreneurs and corporate executives check the thousands of articles, the weekly �Tuesday Report,� and the �Contacts Section� of our site. They use the latter to find barter companies with which to do business.

Is your barter company�s listing up-to-date?

To keep your listing current is very easy. See the links below to (A) update any changes to your company�s listing, such as new location, phone number, web site or other information, and (B) if your company has not been listed.

Here�s how to get on board:

To make changes to your listing click here.

For new listings click here.

New Generation Has Commercial Personality & Entrepreneurial Idealism

According to William Deresiewicz of the New York Times, the hippies had love, the punks had rage, and the slackers had angst. And the abiding characteristic of today�s youth is the polite and earnest, �affect of the salesman.� Call them Generation Sell.

Their ideal social form is the small business in that they aspire to launch food carts, techie startups, and socially responsible companies. Growing up as they did in the �heroic age of dot-com entrepreneurship,� it makes sense that they�ve come to regard the business plan as the characteristic art form of our age with Steve Jobs as the resident deity.

Their entrepreneurial idealism also extends to their personalities. They are low-key, self-deprecating, post-ironic, eco-friendly and motivated by a constant desire to make themselves more pleasing to others.

They have, in other words, a commercial personality, but they�re not alone. Deresiewicz says we�ve all come to treat ourselves like little businesses, something to be promoted and managed � in short, we�re all selling something ourselves.

Editor�s Note: I see this movement as very encouraging and liberating, given the ineptitudes of our elected representatives (both parties) in Washington. This embracement toward entrepreneurship is really a healthy form of self-preservation. What�s the alternative? Is it relying on an unknown, by trying to project 10-20 years into the future to ascertain what will be forthcoming from an outside force, i.e. corporate America or the U.S. government?


25 Years Of BarterNews Issues Now In Digital Format

Welcome to the largest repository of barter contacts, strategies, and barter techniques in the world. All 64 issues of BarterNews now available in digital format at

Federal Reserve Says Nearly 20 Years Of Accumulated Prosperity Has Been Erased

The recent financial crisis has left the median American family in 2010 with no more wealth than they had in the early 1990s.

The median family, richer than half of the nation�s families and poorer than the other half, had a net worth of $77,300 in 2010, down from $126,400 in 2007. (The crash of housing prices accounted for three-quarters of the loss.)

This vast loss of wealth was compounded by a loss of income, as the earnings of the median family fell by 7.7% over the same period.

Money-Making Reports Available From BarterNews

JOB 2012  2011
 Skilled trades    1 1
Engineers 2 3
IT Staff 3 6
Sales Representatives 4 2
Accounting/Finance Staff 5 5
Drivers 6 4
Mechanics 7 -
Nurses 8 -
Machinists/Machine Operators 9 10
Teachers 10 8
Management/Executives - 7
Secretaries/Administrative Assts. - 9

According to ManpowerGroup, 49% of 1,300 U.S. employers surveyed said they are having difficulty filling mission-critical positions. Besides a lack of available workers, employers said they are having problems hiring because applicants wanted more pay or lacked experience.


How To Get More Sales In Hyper-Competitive
Restaurant Industry

Our street-smart restaurant marketing report shows proven ways to rapidly boost your restaurant�s sales & profits. More-->


The Growth and Use of Secondary Capital (New Money) Creates Unprecedented Wealth In Today�s New Age Of Possibility

There are many forms of secondary capital�which can be defined as any financial instrument that measures and communicates value in a common language. Would you like to see and learn more about the many forms of secondary capital?

 We have 70 free, informative and inspiring, articles for you in our �Secondary Capital Section.�

Check it out...

Get New Money-Making Ideas And Valuable Contacts!

You can obtain useful, informative ideas and contacts in every available back-issue of BarterNews.

Every barter company in the world is listed on our web site, click through to our Global List of Barter Companies.

Give A Gift To A Friend Or Associate. If you know someone who might benefit from this newsletter, feel free to forward it to them! (See the �box� at the end of the newsletter for the forwarding service.)

We welcome your comments, questions, and observations.

� Copyright BarterNews 2012. Redistribution of BarterNews content expressly prohibited without the prior written permission of BarterNews.